Article processing charges (APCs)
Geographica Helvetica is committed to the open-access model of publishing. This ensures free web access to the results of research and maximum visibility for published papers. However, it requires the author or a supporting institution to pay the costs of the review process, typesetting, web publication, and long-term archiving. These article processing charges (APCs) are categorized according to the submitted material and levied for the publication of the final journal paper.
The Swiss Academy of Science generously subsidizes the publication costs of Geographica Helvetica. Therefore, no article processing charges are currently levied for contributions to the journal.
What is included in the article processing charges?
- all online tools for authors, editors, and reviewers;
- professional processing of figures and movies;
- typesetting, editing, and formatting in PDFLaTeX;
- English language copy-editing;
- immediate open-access publication of each article;
- article alert service;
- indexing in international scientific databases and reference services;
- long-term archiving via Portico and CLOCKSS, as well as a number of national libraries.